It is Sunday, May 17, and I am about 36 hours from leaving RDU!!! I am flying to Miami and having a two hour layover and then flying to Lima. This link has a great map of South America (you can click on the picture to zoom in). Since I don't have anything to report, I am going to walk y'all through the first part of my viaje (trip).
I am going to arrive in Lima at 9:20. I am going to stay with my friend, Arturo, from UNC. He lives in Lima, so I got in touch with him, and he was awesome enough to arrange for a taxi to come pick me up and to offer me to stay at his house! The first day, I am going to hang around Lima and hopefully visit the coast. At 4:30 on the 20th, I am getting on a 17 hour bus ride to Arequipa to start working with Traveller Not Tourist until June 10th.
Traveller Not Tourist is a great organization that coordinates for people visiting Peru to contribute back to the local community. They provide responsible tourism that doesn't exploit the local population. I am really excited about working with them for 20 days. Hopefully, I'll get to get to know the kids at the orphanage really well and get to help them improve their opportunities in life!
Hasta luego
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
jacob, ive never heard of traveler not tourist before. that sounds like a great organization, i had no idea you were gonna be working with them. very cool my friend! i cant believe you update your blog when you're tipsy, although i do enjoy reading your train of spanglish pensamientos. teehehe. oh jake. still crossin my fingers that i get to see you in BA! I get there the morning of july 20 but will probably be swooped away by the study abroad program
Post a Comment